Saturday 1 March 2008

Lost In Hyrule?

TWS and 19YL are not really going anywhere. Well - that's not true. They are going places, just not very quickly.

And last night, as I was falling asleep, I had an idea about a new story, the next part to Lost In Middle Earth.

Set in Ocarina of Time, it would have Harry and Hermione (again), or possibly Harry and Luna, staring as Link and Navi, with various other HP characters as members of the Hyrule cast, including Zelda, Darunia, Saria, Impa and company, as well as the Big Temple Bads and (well duh) Ganon.

My biggest problem is not the casting (although I have no idea about that), but how to tell the story. Do I go through each Dungeon, or just do the highlights of each? (Finding the fairy slingshot, fighting the boss etc).

I will give this more thought, and maybe write one or two chapters, just to see how it goes. Plus I have to work out the cast before I start. Though I am pretty sure that Ron would be Darunia if Harry is Link, and even if it turns out there is a female link (Minnie or Luna), Ron could still be the Goron leader.

So - what do you think? Can I do it? Should I even try?

No comments: