Saturday 29 March 2008

It's done. And I do feel kind of bad.

I have now purged ten stories from the ff.net site, and marked 19YL and TWS as complete, even though it is patently obvious they're not.

And I feel bad about this. Not because of the purging and departing the site thing, but because of the reasons for it.

A few years back (2000/2001) I deleted all my stories and set up my own site because of a rule change - FF.Net banned song lyrics, which was just utterly ridiculous (and not just in my opinion - there were hundreds of complaints, and the site www.fanficauthors.net was one of the new ones that appeared because of the ban).

And if they had banned something this time (like writing Harry/Hermione fics) then I would have felt equally good.

But there is nothing forcing me to move, other than the fact I don't trust the site admins any more. I don't have any problems with the site itself, just those who run it.

Anyway. It's done. I am now going to make HPFandom the Primary HP site (which given that I am only really writing HP atm makes it the primary site) and ForeverFandom the primary other story site.

As to what happens with fictionpress I don't know, but since I haven't updated there since Augst 2007, I am not sure I care all that much.

No comments: