Tuesday 8 January 2008

The Western Sky

This is mostly a test for my "spoiler" entries. Where-in I randomly discuss things I am planning, or plots that I abandoned, or just generally things I think should be let out and about in the real world just because they should.

The default colour of the blog is blue, and so if you see a massive block of this colour, that means there is something behind it that you should maybe think twice about reading. Above it will be an explanation of what it will spoil.

So - to demonstrate this (and to test it), the next block contains a plot idea I had for TWS, but ended up abandoning it because I could not figure out how to make it work. However, some of the plot devices still remain in the first series, hence the spoiler code.


My original plan was to have Harry and Sally arrested for TWS activities, along with Luna and Pansy (as the other four are all American and not under their jurisdiction), and them to go on the run at the end of the season. There would be various moves through the series (Dumbledore's suspicions about TWS, some of the Aurors getting involved etc), and the first episode of the second series would be about them clearing their names and dealing with those who did them wrong (if you will excuse the phrase)

I eventually scrapped it in favour of another season long arc, because, quite honestly - having Harry and Sally set up against Dumbledore for the season is just going over old ground, and I wanted to do something new.


And that concludes my test. If it worked. If it didn't, then ooops.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You write very well.