Sunday 8 June 2008

The Silent Trio Rises Again

I have started copying my "magnificent octopus" across to a new site. It was originally on two sites - http://www.hpfandom.net/eff/viewuser.php?uid=4145 and the festering evil that is ff.net. However in the week following the M22 Virus (as I am going to call it from now on), the first four Silent Trio stories were mutilated, and the first four chapters of the fifth.

On a side note - the reason it was only those that were violated was because Chapter 5 of "Harry and The Curse Of Exum" was the first one written directly on to the computer (Glinda), rather than hand written then typed up. Because of this, I changed the separator I used (xoxox, rather than a set of dashes. This was down to Open Office translating the series of dashes as a horizontal line, which pissed me off no end. I guess if I hadn't been pissed off, the M22 wouldn't have affected me, but that's the way the cookie gets eaten).

So - anyway - after the M22 Virus was let loose, and just short of four and a half stories were mutilated, I ended up deleting them, and it meant they only appeared on http://www.hpfandom.net.

But now that Series 1 of The Western Sky is almost complete (I am about to start writing Act 3 of the series finale), I thought I would start copying Silent Trio to another site, to spread the joy, so to speak.

At the moment, Part 1 (Harry and The New Girl) and the prologue to Part 2 (Harry and The Hufflepuff) are there, and I plan to copy two chapters per day until the six stories are complete, then do The Western Sky one episode at a time.

I also have a fair bit of work to do on Lost In Hyrule, but I am going to start that once TWS is complete, and possibly 19YL is continued, if not finished.

No comments: